[GTALUG] systemd: prctl: add PR_{SET, GET}_CHILD_SUBREAPER was Re: Did I buy the wrong network card? (RTL8812AE)

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon May 15 09:44:31 EDT 2017

I've changed the subject to indicate that I have changed my own system by following the instructions to initialize ifup-wait-all-auto.service and this sub initialization feature seems to have fixed my npdate issue.

On my box, I still have a minor memory allocation problem. Although the USB error showing the HID description (usually only one physical Endpoint on a human interface device) is gone. The system.slice also links this error to wpa_supplicant.

However, today cron.daily executed ntpdate correctly.

root at HECTOR:~# systemctl status ntp.service
● ntp.service - LSB: Start NTP daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/ntp)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2017-05-14 09:31:35 EDT; 22h ago
   CGroup: /system.slice/ntp.service
           └─22736 /usr/sbin/ntpd -p /var/run/ntpd.pid -g -u 120:127

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=ebec18a6d3aa1e7d84aab16225e87fd25170ec2b

I've added this to my .bashrc as the authors of systemd recommend for further core troubleshooting.

alias psc='ps xawf -eo pid,user,cgroup,args'

Russell
Sent by K-9 Mail