[GTALUG] Did I buy the wrong network card? (RTL8812AE)

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat May 13 13:55:33 EDT 2017

On 2017-05-13 12:24 PM, Russell wrote:

> This might be an ILP (Instruction Level Parallel​isim) feature of systemd init.
>
> Take a look at how systemd deals with IVP routing tables using network.target here.
>
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/

Thanks, but I'm getting network, then it's periodically cutting out.
This seems to be more waiting for systemd to say "No, really, we've got
a network available" to services, rather than the network giving out. We
get to answer a lot of questions about systemd and network on the
Raspberry Pi forum, mostly about @reboot cron jobs not finding the network.

Thanks, though. I suspect I'll have to make do with a very basic USB
wifi adapter (I bought Far Too Many for Raspberry Pis) until Scott's
suggested mPCIe adapter arrives.

cheers,
 Stewart