[GTALUG] Canon Lide 30 Scanner for Linux

phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca phiscock at ee.ryerson.ca
Sun May 7 16:08:39 EDT 2017

Further to my previous request: I had asked for suggestions for a modern
scanner to replace this Canon Lide30 that doesn't work on my main linux
box.

The scanner does work under Windows. I also tried it under the other
installations of Linux I have access to:

meercat Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela         Scanner works: no
lemur   Linux Mint 17 Quiana:           Scanner works: no
Henry   Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca:        Scanner works: yes
netbook Ubuntu 9.04                     Scanner works: yes

So sometimes it works, sometimes not. (The first three were tested with
SimpleScan. The last one was tested with XSane.)

The scanner does show up in the lsusb listing.

For a workaround, I can one of the two machines where the scanner does
work. It would be nicer to get it working on all these machines, if anyone
has some additional suggestions.

Thanks to all who have sent me suggestions so far.

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto