[GTALUG] Stand-alone scanner for Ubuntu?

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat May 6 07:12:39 EDT 2017

On May 5, 2017 4:57 PM, "Peter Hiscocks via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

My Canon Lide30 scanner used to work under Ubuntu Linux but at some point it ceased to work and I haven't been able to resurrect it. (It works OK
with Windows, so it's definitely a software issue.)

You arent the only one with this issue. Dynamic power management tools can have an annoying habit of suspending usb scanner devices so that they don"t answer the sane backend poll correctly. I think this is related to the problems of switching HAL to systemd.

Try blacklisting the device from usb power management.

For Ubuntu try adding usb_blacklist=(whatever id lsusb shows the device id to be) to /etc/default/tlp

http://linrunner.de/en/tlp/tlp.html

So now I'm looking for a stand-alone scanner that is Linux compatible.

Not required to be high resolution or colour, usb powered and small
footprint are preferable.

Any suggestions from the Collective Mind?

Peter

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto

---

Russell
Sent by K-9 Mail