[GTALUG] Selectively restoring WordPress posts from old SQL dump

William Witteman wwitteman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 23:24:31 EDT 2017

I have a bunch of WordPress blogs sharing a database, which seemed
like a good idea at the time.

Now I have a bunch of posts that were overwritten at *some* time in
the past by bad data, but my backups are good.

My backup testing works perfectly well for complete replacement, but I
don't want to do that - I want to cherry-pick for one blog of several,
and only replace posts that existed in November with the same IDs in
today's database, but leave everything else alone.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Right now I am hoping not to have a couple of terminals open and try
to manually run UPDATEs with copy-n-paste, because that seems rather
error-prone.

Thanks!

William