[GTALUG] DMA kernel attacks

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Mar 17 17:22:04 EDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 03:28:26PM -0400, Russell Reiter wrote:
> Not as neat as your way of pissing me off by selectively editing and trying
> to look reasonable about it.

Well I checked the archive.  I didn't cut anything or edit anything,
so no idea what you are talking about.

> Those three posts in a row make it look like you are having a nice reasoned
> conversation with yourself.

Well I was, once I realized the video link had started near the end and
there was more to watch.

> However, it was me you were replying to and you snipped without form.

I replied to my own previous email pointing out I was wrong.  I didn't
cut anything out in any of the replies (I usually cut everything but the
message I am actually replying too, but in this case I wanted to make
it clear I was pointing out my previous reply to the original message
was wrong so I left it all, complete with proper indentation and >
marks at the right levels, unlike the totally unreadable mess gmail
creates, but I don't know of any way to fix what gmail does, so I don't
use gmail for mailing lists).

> Thats one of the oldest shitheel moves on usenet. You were probably still
> in short pants when I first noticed that some people do treat others
> contempt in that manner.

Well you do beat me on age, probably by a chunk.

I was under the impression on usenet some people would try to cancel
their original message if they wanted to change it, although I tried
to avoid usenet for the most part when I encountered it in the 90s.
Too much noise there by then.

> Its nothing new and I wouldnt ask for you to be banned as an abuser but
> best if you just ignore my posts from now on.

One of these days I will learn how to filter emails from specific people,
but it hasn't been enough of a problem to bother yet (surprisingly).

> You will come across smarter than the past set of arguments with me have
> demonstrated.

Your point of view is yours to have.

--
Len Sorensen