[GTALUG] Backing up Windows Machines to Linux NAS,

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Jun 27 23:15:21 EDT 2017

I have one Windows box left, on which I've installed the UnxUtils
package (in the Windows sense of package, not .rpm or .deb) That box
uses a batch file to push its files to a GNU/Linux backup server using
rsync.exe. On other Windows boxes I've used Scheduled Tasks to run
batch files, although I'm not doing so here.

I used the Windows tool DeltaCopy for a while, but it was too finicky.
But it did generate a useful command line for rsync.exe, which I now
use with UnxUtils.

- --Bob.