[GTALUG] Fwd: Cogeco E-Mail not bouncing unknown mailboxes?

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Thu Jun 22 15:25:46 EDT 2017

Alex Beamish via talk wrote:

>     Hi All,
>
>     A friend is having issues changing his contact info on a domain. The
>     Admin contact E-Mail address points to a Cogeco mailbox that was
>     attached to an account that was closed years ago.
>
>     However, it seems Cogeco doesn't bounce messages to non-existent
>     mailboxes. So he's stuck. And his domain is give from the DNS
>     servers, which is a drag.
>
>     Thoughts?

It depends on who the registrar is, but I have been able to do it by
providing the the last four digits of the credit card used to purchase
the pervious renewal.

Trying contacting their support email address and see what happens.

It's ridiculously easy to steal a domain now though social-engineering,
so it should be easy to do it legitimately.

--
Have an awesome day, and happy open-sourcing :-).