[GTALUG] Question

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:57:22 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:19 AM, ac via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jun 2017 18:56:27 -0300
> Mauro Souza via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
> > A Faraday cage is enough. Put the machine inside a grounded metallic
> > box, and you are good to go.
> > Opening the machine and removing the wireless modules, or cutting
> > traces giving power to the wireless module would be more permanent,
> > but a Faraday cage is faster to deploy and "undeploy."
> >
> my tinfoil hat works well. maybe you can make a slightly larger tinfoil
> box?
>
> > Many companies are now developing equipment for home use that is for
> > the latest
> > buzz in the world - - IoT (more morons them!).
> >
> "Whenever IoT comes up, I remind people that in IoT, the S stands for
> security and the P for privacy" - Thomas Delrue

This is not easy to effect when one is dealing with a multi-national
company
that has brainwashed its distributors and sales staff into thinking that
'this is
a good thing'.

It was quite a frustrating series of conversations over the last few days
trying
to get this group of, themselves programmed morons' to understand that
there
is a crucial flaw in the thinking that they are espousing!!

Thanks for the ideas -- any others?

Dee