[GTALUG] git - push and pull attached to different remotes?

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 18:47:23 EDT 2017

This isn't strictly a Linux question, but this list is a great
knowledge base and I know a lot of you use git.  Usually on Linux.
:-)

I've written a Python program that checks all of your repositories to
see if they're up-to-date with your remotes.  But given the
flexibility of git - and the output of 'git remote show origin' which
shows separate URLs for "Fetch" and "Push" - it's occurred to me that
it's probably NOT safe to assume that the Fetch and Push URLs are the
same.  But ... does anyone actually have different Fetch and Push
URLs?  Why would you do this?

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/