[GTALUG] Desktop swap

dbmacg at look.ca dbmacg at look.ca
Mon Jul 31 13:11:53 EDT 2017

Mageia 6 supports over 25 desktop environments and window managers.

You can load them all, and then go from one to another.

The most commonly used are: Plasma, GNOME, LXDE, Xfce, LXQt, Mate,
Cinnamon, Enlightenment, Gnome (Wayland), and a variety of lightweight
managers.

You can load all desktop managers at installation time, and then choose
any one at login. You can also install a desktop at will.

So if you want the speed of a lightweight, say LXDE, go for it. If you
want to play with other desktop environments, do so. If you want to
compare them, do so.

Duncan