[GTALUG] Tutorials on Linux command-line -- any interest?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jul 31 09:39:21 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 10:52:43AM -0400, William Park via talk wrote:
> I thought it was always like that.  I don't remember booting to Windows
> to upgrade BIOS of motherboard.

It was often done that way.  Many these days seem to have a program you
run in windows that loads something into UEFI which then on reboot will
do the actual updating.

Actually I think what they do is place the update on the UEFI boot
partition, add an entry to the boot menu as a one time default override,
then reboot and it runs that new boot payload to do the update.

--
Len Sorensen