[GTALUG] Tutorials on Linux command-line -- any interest?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:41:00 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-29 10:52 AM, William Park via talk wrote:

> Anyways... if Shell/Editor is not the subject of interest, is there any
> other topics you guys are interested?

I've never “got” IRC: either the client setup is so hideous, or the
channel's signal-to-noise ratio so far from what I need that I've never
stuck around.

I've lurked around some Slack channels because they were either related
to an event or group I was associated with, or were required as yet
another attention-vampire at work. It's also entirely closed, but at
least you can post :partyparrot: almost everywhere.

So something on the hows and whys of IRC would work for me. If IRC is
still a thing, that is.

cheers,
 Stewart