[GTALUG] Tutorials on Linux command-line -- any interest?

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 12:05:30 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-24 09:32 AM, David Ing isss--- via talk wrote:

> One cure (actually, an affordance) is to register the GTALUG on
> meetup.com <http://meetup.com>, for visibility.

Running a meetup.com group isn't cheap (I co-run one, and one the size
of this mailing list would eat through our total funds very quickly) but
it is a great way of getting new folks.

There's an ops group meeting tonight. I'll bring it up then.

Meetup brings all its own membership and communications infrastructure
(and levels of spam for admins that scale new heights) so I think we
might have to think hard on how to use that.

> Right now, searching Google on "Linux Toronto Meetup"
> has GTALUG as the fifth hit on my list.

I'm guessing that Google is algorithmically weighting your search to favour

  "linux" "toronto" site:meetup.com

since I'm sure meetup.com forks over a bunch of cash in order to be
found favourable in the eyes of the Goog.

cheers,
 Stewart