[GTALUG] *** SPAM*** hoping for help

annpohl at xplornet.ca annpohl at xplornet.ca
Sat Jul 15 10:02:21 EDT 2017

Hi Andre -- you know far more than I do. Yes, most likely just Linux -
Ubuntu would be fine, I have a double boot on this old faithful laptop I
am writing on right now, but I feel you are correct I do not need a
double boot on the new laptop I intend to buy because Linux has become
much more mainstreamable.

I do not game on my computer ever so my specs are not high that way. I
do travel, hence laptop only. I also am older so I like to have a big
screen. I am looking with some interest at this computer: Lenovo Ideapad
320 which Costco sells. My old faithful is a Lenovo and I like it.

I am concerned with security, more from stuff being sent to me, but also
interference in my computer that could undermine my work. If you want
more of an idea of the sort of work I do, you can see the poorly
organized blog at https://kentcountynbenvironmentwatch.wordpress.com/ --
almost all of that is my writing, but I also do frontline and organizing
stuff. I am on FB if you want to see me there.

I hope this additional info answers most questions.  -- Thanks again for
the quick reply and interest in my situation -- Ann Pohl