[GTALUG] hoping for help

annpohl at xplornet.ca annpohl at xplornet.ca
Fri Jul 14 21:23:05 EDT 2017

Hi. Anyone want to do their bit for the environment by helping me get
set up? I am not wanting to be an OS computer whiz. I have a full plate
already doing environmental protection'defense work-activism, and being
a grandmother etc..

...I am currently shopping for a new not-fancy computer and need some
recommendations on which would be best for installing Linux-Ubuntu in a
dual boot, and I also need an affordable technician to help me do that
when I get the computer.

Usually I am in eastern NB but am in the GTA for the summer. I have
technical support down there, but not up here. My kids are buying me a
new computer and I need some guidance. I use the Linux - Ubuntu side
mostly for my work because it deals with a lot of security issues.

Thanks for considering this request. Ann Pohl

 [1]

Hi Ann,

It would be best if you joined our talk mailing list and ask your
question there. https://gtalug.org/mailing-list/ [2]

Links:
------
[1] https://www.facebook.com/gtalug/
[2]
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgtalug.org%2Fmailing-list%2F&h=ATPxwH9yUqYcjuzFRYAdXq6YpeQR56hgD9UkpSJkSP92Dg5ceLlREfDrc4PeqNgX_xRrsqi9nIwx_jYHxrKeiHlnBb3-lAHXULkU6viV6kL9rrq1HnVEL_9hiETrW9Tz3hA