[GTALUG] router upgrade

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jul 13 17:09:11 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 04:09:21PM -0400, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> We are on 802.11ac Wave 2 new, two generation beyond N, and with AD coming
> in a year or so. Do you have devices that would take advantage of that?

AD?  I have heard of AX, but not AD.

Oh actually I guess I had heard of AD now that I google it, but that's
the 60GHz stuff, where as AX is the next gen after AC in current bands.

I wonder what the range on 60 GHz will be.  Linksys claims effective
range of AD of 30 feet, so in room highspeed wireless, but not in house.

--
Len Sorensen