[GTALUG] router upgrade

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jul 11 11:34:03 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 08:41:15AM -0500, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I've been running an Asus rt-n16 router, using dd-wrt, for about 6.5 years
> now. On the second one for about 1.5 years and no longer have a spare for
> the next time the router craters.
>
> Am finding it very difficult to determine an update/upgrade for my router.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> (Trying to keep the costs down too, please.)

Well I have been happy with my linksys WRT1900ACv2 (aka WRT1900ACS)
running LEDE (soon to be merged back with OpenWRT).

No issues with IPv6, or routing or reaching from the basement to the main
and top floors of my townhouse.

Not sure if it qualifies as cheap though, but sure has plenty of ram
and flash and a good selection of ports.  No fan, so no noise, and very
little heat.

--
Len Sorensen