[GTALUG] router upgrade

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Tue Jul 11 09:51:08 EDT 2017

o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> I've been running an Asus rt-n16 router, using dd-wrt, for about 6.5
> years now. On the second one for about 1.5 years and no longer have a
> spare for the next time the router craters.
>
> Am finding it very difficult to determine an update/upgrade for my router.
>
> Any suggestions?

I'm a fan of the TP-Link TL-WR940N, so much that I have recommend it to
everyone I know. I have three of them in various locations (home, farm,
and HackLab.TO).

It's base software is amazing and works great out of the box.

I haven't run OpenWRT (an active fork of dd-wrt) on it but I know Scott
Sullivan has and he's really smart about this type of stuff.

It cost $39.99 on NewEgg <https://myl.be/15a> (this is a short link to
the NewEgg website).

--
Have an awesome day, and happy open-sourcing :-).