[GTALUG] Linux basics presentation

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:49:40 EST 2017

On 31 January 2017 at 13:15, Max Yermakhanov <yermax at gmail.com> wrote:
> what do you think should be covered under Linux Basics? What does basics
> means to you? What do people need to know about Linux when they start
> working with it as part of DevOps day to day...

I am pretty sure I am not a good person to evaluate that.  I have been using
Unix of one flavour or another since the 1980s, so I can't be in the right
frame of context to evaluate what someone that's new needs to know first.

It's going to be truly more valuable to get peoples' impressions.  Even if their
impressions are wrong, that will be somewhat informative.  Guiding their
*wrong* impressions is still useful.