[GTALUG] Harddisk recommendation?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jan 31 12:33:36 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:10:23PM -0500, William Park via talk wrote:
> I've been using leftover harddisks as BTRFS RAID1 storage, and I'm
> thinking about replacing them with large disks.
>
> Which harddisks would you recommend?  Looking at Canada Computers and
> Newegg, there are lots of new colors and models.

Well for raid setups, I use WD Red drives.  For non raid (which isn't very
often anymore) I use WD Black or Blue depending on needs of the machine.

I don't ever ever ever use Seagate disks anymore.

Looking at canada computers, those seem to be about the only brands left
(Just a few IBM/HP/HSGT branded disks there).

--
Len Sorensen