[GTALUG] Router advice sought

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:09:21 EST 2017

On 2017-01-30 02:43 PM, ted leslie via talk wrote:
> ​Asus AC line been pretty good to me. I program some of the firmware on
> that line (so no bias here!! :) )

… no no, none at all. Not even a bit. :-)

Thanks also to William Park for the Wireless N suggestion. My last one
was N, and if I'm to make this outlast my next couple of desktops, then
AC it was.

I went with the refurbished Linksys - and discovered that despite the
“Open Source ready” notice on the product page, the WRT1900ACSv2 that I
got has the locked-down-at-the-FCC's-request USA wireless drivers. I
don't know if I can back them out by saying that I'm a nice Canadian.
Digging around the LEDE pages it says that the hardware is identical to
the v1 router, just got a bit of software locked away. Dammit.

 Stewart