[GTALUG] Flock bids are now open

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jan 15 16:01:57 EST 2017

| From: Charles Profitt via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
|
| A while back I sent an email to the list asking if anyone was
| potentially interested in having Flock in the Kitchener / Waterlook
| area.
|
| Today the Flock bid process officially opened.
|
| https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/flock-2017-bids-due-28-feb-2017/

Flock is a successor to FUDCon.  In 2009 FUDCon was hosted by CDOT of
Seneca at York.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Several TLUG folks attended but I
don't remember if any presented or organized.  The CDOT people did a great
job.

CDOT seems to be good at this.  They do a great job with FSOSS each year.
I don't remember any other regular local Linux event.  I have no idea if
they are willing to or would be allowed to repeat.