[GTALUG] Question

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Thu Jan 12 16:00:50 EST 2017

On 12/01/17 08:16 AM, o1bigtenor via talk wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Am trying to find (for need in the not to distant future) some of what
> is normally called 'accounting' software (its really record keeping
> software but that's a different argument!).
>
> What are you using that is, or could be, multi-user and has room for
> some complexity?
> (I am presently using 10 digit account numbers to get the granularity I want.)

Wave <https://www.waveapps.com/> is another Toronto-based web accounting
software provider. I know the people behind it and they know what
they're doing. I would trust their security more than the security on
the average small business network. As for the "What happens to my data
if they go out of business?" question, I'd check with the vendor to find
out how to export data and do it on a regular basis.

One of the criterion to what you should be using is to find out if your
accountant is familiar with what you're using. If they are not, which is
more important to you, your accountant or the software you use?

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay

+ 1 647-778-8696