[GTALUG] Question

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jan 12 15:28:30 EST 2017

On 12 January 2017 at 14:50, Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 02:30:06PM -0500, Dhaval Giani via talk wrote:
> > I feel obligated to point out here that it is more often the case that
> > a cloud provider is more secure than a standalone solution. If only
> > because they can afford to spend more on hiring people to work on
> > security full time.
>
> And you have to take their word for it that they did that.

​I think it's reasonable to ​suggest that not all cloud solutions are
inherently less secure than all standalone systems.

One size does not fit all. Knowing the whole landscape is better than not
knowing it. All solutions will have strengths and weaknesses, the
priorities those in need will differ, and we're not here to judge.

One thing Freshbooks appears to do well is manage receivables, which is a
sore point among consultants I know -- quick invoicing, followups, and
facilitation of getting paid. This seems relevant to one of the points
brought up by one person at Tuesday's meeting (ie, getting paid).

- Evan