[GTALUG] Cyber Monday cheap netbook

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jan 6 10:25:40 EST 2017

On Fri, Jan 06, 2017 at 09:51:49AM -0500, Irwin Barrer via talk wrote:
> Can you tell me more about this?:
>
> - I think that there is room to install a 3.5" drive in the computer.
>  (The computer came with the required mounting screws).  This is a
>  BIG bonus: it provides a bunch of interesting options.  So it would
>  be reasonable to add an SSD or HDD.  This would provide sufficient
>  space for leaving Win 10 and installing Linux on the added drive.
>  This added load might shrink battery life.

Did you mean a 2.5" drive?  3.5" sounds unlikely.

If this is the Asus E402SA, then according to
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/ASUS/e402sa it is
possible to install a 2.5" 9.5mm drive in it.  I highly doubt it could
handle a 12.5mm.

https://www.ipc-computer.eu/notebook-ersatzteile/asus/notebook-e-serie/e402sa-2a/festplatte-5
also says a 9.5mm drive can go in it.

--