[GTALUG] Cyber Monday cheap netbook

Irwin Barrer irwin at irwinb.com
Fri Jan 6 09:51:49 EST 2017

Can you tell me more about this?:

- I think that there is room to install a 3.5" drive in the computer.
 (The computer came with the required mounting screws).  This is a
 BIG bonus: it provides a bunch of interesting options.  So it would
 be reasonable to add an SSD or HDD.  This would provide sufficient
 space for leaving Win 10 and installing Linux on the added drive.
 This added load might shrink battery life.
—
I would like to have more storage space—the 32GB drive seems kind of small. Have you determined if this is possible? If yes, is SSD a better way to go? From everything I’ve read it would seem so, but you mention both, so I would like your opinion. Lastly, where can I go do get this done for me? I’ve never done any kind of work (upgrades, repairs) on a computer myself so I would like to leave this to an expert.

Many thanks.
IB

Irwin Barrer
irwin at irwinb.com