[GTALUG] A question about boot

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Thu Jan 5 08:47:28 EST 2017

You need a write only device.

You could boot from a CD/DVD which is write only.

Or possibly an SD card that has the write-lock enabled.

If the computer does not support an SD card you could use usb card
reader to boot from.

Of course in the worst case situation someone smart enough could rewrite
the BIOS and get around any boot device.

On 01/05/2017 08:38 AM, David Collier-Brown via talk wrote:

> Who can talk about (intel or arm) boot? I'm looking at a problem that
> can be solved by setting up a device at boot time and not letting the
> OS have the privilege or perhaps the physical ability to change it...
>
> --dave
>
> --
> David Collier-Brown,         | Always do right. This will gratify
> System Programmer and Author | some people and astonish the rest
> davecb at spamcop.net            |                      -- Mark Twain

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||