[GTALUG] Watching a network folder: is there a smart way of doing this?

David Thornton northdot9 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 13:54:52 EST 2017

Another important question to ask: what are you doing with what you learned
from the test? Nagios? Snmptrap? Zabbix? Grapha? Statd ? Email
notification? Smoke signals?

I wrote a nagios check once called check_rofs which would write a file read
it then delete it and report how that went. Nagios handled telling the
right person via the correct means and graphing performance data ( like
time to write, time to read, time to unlink.)

A system like this has the downside of not checking often enough for some
i.e. every 5min by default. I suspect that would be fine for your needs.

David

David Thornton @northdot9 https://www.quadratic.net