[GTALUG] Intel Baytrail systems may become stable under Linux!

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Wed Feb 15 23:10:16 EST 2017

On 12/02/17 03:34 PM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> The Vensmile battery powered miniPC. I went out of my way to get the
> model with 64GB of storage, which has a different (harder to open) case.
>
> http://www.banggood.com/Vensmile-W10-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Windows-8_1-Wintel-TV-Box-p-975963.html
>
> https://androidtvbox.eu/vensmile-ipc002-w10-mini-pc-with-64gb-or-32gb-and-battery-promo/

So I have second of this type of baytrail battery powered mini PC. This
one from ainol which has a much bigger battery, but crappier wifi.

http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-mini-pc-black.html

Anyways, I went digging for ubuntu on baytail, and came across some
builds from a third party that intergrating all the various bits and
pieces, along with patching in progress kernel support.

https://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/

I remember hearing about this guys work years ago, and it seems the dev
community is getting closer to sorting out almost all the kinks.

Gave the alpha of lubuntu 17.10 a try, and wifi and battery info work
out of box. These were my biggest wants.

--
Scott Sullivan