[GTALUG] Intel Baytrail systems may become stable under Linux!

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Sun Feb 12 15:34:06 EST 2017

On 12/02/17 11:49 AM, Michael Hill via talk wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 10:56 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
> <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>
>> A few days ago, entry 724 (!) in that bug report noted the submission
>> of a kernel patch that strongly reduces the problem.
>
> Good to hear. Thanks for the update, Hugh.
>
> Mike

Hugh, I took this as a cue to revisit one or my own baytrail devices.

The Vensmile battery powered miniPC. I went out of my way to get the
model with 64GB of storage, which has a different (harder to open) case.

http://www.banggood.com/Vensmile-W10-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Windows-8_1-Wintel-TV-Box-p-975963.html
https://androidtvbox.eu/vensmile-ipc002-w10-mini-pc-with-64gb-or-32gb-and-battery-promo/

Popped the latest multi-arch Debian ISO (8.7.0) into my trusty ZALMAN
external drive with virtual CD/DVD function.
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811235059

Added USB hub for a USB-Ethernet adapter and my keyboard/mouse, and was
off to the races.

I must report successful 64-bit install, even so far as to get the
wireless working.

My setup notes are attached for the curious.

--
Scott Sullivan