[GTALUG] [GTALUG-Announce] Meeting on 14th February 2017 at 7:30pm

znoteer at hailmail.net znoteer at hailmail.net
Thu Feb 2 14:51:12 EST 2017

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017, at 08:47, hi--- via talk wrote:

> # Linux and UN Refugee Agency

> Longtime GTALUG member and open source advocate Evan Leibovitch
> Has just
> returned from a two-year contract heading the Community
> Technology Access
> program of the United Nations refugee agency (UNHCR).

> In this presentation Evan will discuss some of the challenges
> encountered
> in providing Internet connectivity and services to some of the world's
> most impoverished populations. Special emphasis will be given to
> the role
> of FOSS-based solutions and collaborative techniques in this
> unique realm
> of both technical and political problem-solving. Q&A to follow.

Hi,

I'm not a GTALUG member, but I've been lurking on this list for a
few weeks now.  This talk is something that I would be very
interested in seeing.

Unfortunately, I live in Montreal.  Do you video your presentations?
If this were made available online,  I would definitely take the time
to watch it.

Thanks,

  znoteer at hailmail.net

--