[GTALUG] Programming languages (in comparison?) - -was Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:54:46 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM, David Mason via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
wrote:

> On 12 December 2017 at 08:48, o1bigtenor via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>
>> A little tidbit for you as you continue your praise of the 'new' ff! (Yes
>> I understand
>> that chromium isn't ff but they both suffer under the same kind of
>> programming
>> - - - at least IMO!).
>>

> Which is exactly what ff57's use of Rust addresses.
>

>> Michael Gilbert <mgilbert at debian.org>
>> 5:03 AM (2 hours ago)
>> to debian-securit.
>>

> Of the 17 Chrome vulnerabilities listed, 7 would never have happened if
> they were using Rust instead of C++.

Sorry Dave - - - - I'm finding your posts actually quite funny. I have
found browsers
to be this fairly useless things that purport to do x and don't do it even
tolerably and
when I forward a list of security issues you tell me that 'some' of them
wouldn't be there
if they used programming language x (or is it y or z or does it matter?).

As long as they have these ever reoccurring list of security issues - - -
well
they ALL suck - - - fair enough?

Dee