[GTALUG] Learn Swift for Apple/iOS. Learn ??? for Google/Android.

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:34:41 EST 2017

Just for completeness sake if someone is taking this blanket
​​

http://conscientiousprogrammer.com/blog/2014/12/21/how-to-think-about-rust-ownership-versus-c-plus-plus-unique-ptr/
above explains the memory issue of c++11/14/17/20 to rust. (at least one of
them)
It should be noted however that as any 1/2 decent programmer doing anything
of importance, you are going
to TDD, with ~100% UT coverage, and gcov and valgrind process, amongst
other things (automated even at jenkins(etc) for build auto build
verification)
Of course 100UT/gcov and valgrind is going to protect you against a lot! of
stuff, and yes, maybe some people are only "on there way" to that
proper coding protocols/nirvana, but short of it is
don't believe Rust has anything up on C++14+ with respect to memory safety
"necessarily" under proper normal coding practice. That said maybe could
be some edge cases that would sting I am not at all sure, I would love to
be made aware of any (save for a dumb force cast in c++
​)​
​.
​
I would likely guess rust isn't totally free of sometimes doing other then
what the programmer intended.

Again, no flaming, bitching, just don't want people to be (potentially) ill
advised.
No one wants to divert a future happy c++14+ programmer :)

"I don't intent to write any more C", hearing this always makes be SOOOO
happy.

-tl