[GTALUG] Spam is basically dead

Myles Braithwaite 👾 me at mylesb.ca
Wed Aug 16 08:40:03 EDT 2017

ac via talk wrote:
> 1. Bounce when no rDNS (exim/postfix/sendmail/qmail - 2 second conf)

Sometimes people don't have access to configure Reverse DNS (or PTR) as
they are sending with a dynamic IP address. This isn't common but at
least for GTALUG there are five or six people who host their email from
their home on dynamic IP addresses.

> 2. Use 10+ dnsbl with properly configured spamassasin (cache locally) -
> with 2 (or more, or less) points per dnsbl listing
> (five minutes copy & paste for exim/postfix)
> -> dnsbl from here: http://multirbl.valli.org/

I stopped using SpamAssasin a while ago. I know use Rspamd, Rmilter, and
OpenDMARC. I found SpamAssasin was letting in way to much spam and
required way to much knowledge to run properly.