[GTALUG] Bitcoin Blockchain Crypto Surface

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:41:50 EDT 2017

On 2 August 2017 at 10:39, Russell <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On August 2, 2017 10:20:15 AM EDT, Tim Tisdall <tisdall at gmail.com>
>wrote:
<snip>
>> Russell
>> Sent by K-9 Mail

So much for my attempt to convey a point using hacker humor. I'll try and UN-muddy the water a bit.

Eight megabytes and constantly swapping, is the pet name which kind of describes the love hate relationship code writers have with emacs. Has to do with all that memory bloat, which in fact reflects its best feature; all those endless lisp hooks.

In fact so many hooks that it could almost be described as an operating system in its own right.

The rest about Itanium is wondering if IBM's EPIC & VLIW are being fully displaced by CUDA & OpenCl as a dominant authority in instruction level parallelisim.

--
Russell
Sent by K-9 Mail