[GTALUG] Windows 10 will let everyone run Linux inside Windows following Fall Creators Update - TechRepublic

Russell rreiter91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:10:35 EDT 2017

On August 2, 2017 10:38:26 AM EDT, James Knott via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:
>Microsoft has certainly changed, since Bill & Steve left!
>
>http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-will-let-everyone-run-linux-inside-windows-following-fall-creators-update/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=12825460
>
>---
>Talk Mailing List
>talk at gtalug.org

I remember when Rasmus Lerdorf gave a talk to TLUG. Although a good part of it was Klingon, which I don't understand, he described how the PHP list got populated with what appeared to be a lot of M$ users asking questions. Their chatter eventualy died down and about a year later ASP appeared.

If you are going to copy something, be sure to copy what works. I guess thats what Microsoft is really the best at. Copy right.

Gives a whole new meaning to the word Copyright when you buy a linux distro at the windows app store.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/why-microsoft-loves-linux/

--
Russell
Sent by K-9 Mail