[GTALUG] Newegg.ca sales -- Linksys WRT1900AC, Samsung 128GB USB sticks

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Apr 23 22:57:05 EDT 2017

| From: Lennart Sorensen via talk <talk at gtalug.org>
| Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 11:11:30 -0400

[Reviving an old thread.]

| On Sat, Apr 08, 2017 at 06:47:00PM -0400, William Park via talk wrote:
| > Something I noticed while shopping on Newegg.ca:
| >
| > 1. Linksys WRT1900AC -- $155.99 reburbished.  I don't know what that
| > means.  Why was it returned in the first place?
| >     https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABAK48X8218&cm_sp=Homepage_MKPL-_-P1_9SIABAK48X8218-_-04082017
|
| Too bad they don't say what version it is.  The v2 has twice the ram
| and doesn't have a fan (the newer CPU runs quite a bit cooler than the
| original one).  The 1.2GHz spec makes me think v1 though.  v2 would be
| 1.6GHz (although often listed as 1.3)

Canada Computers still has three of the wrt1900ACS (== v2 wrt1900ac)
refurb units available.  They are in far-flung locations so you have
to go to your local CC and ask for a transfer.  They will ask for a
10% deposit.  I did that for a couple of things today.

<http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1047&item_id=098926>