[GTALUG] Shopping for barebone PC

Howard Gibson hgibson at eol.ca
Mon Apr 17 19:42:43 EDT 2017

Evan,

   I picked up an Acer Extensa from Canada Computes for around $350.  It sits on the shelf behind my TV. It works fine as an email, web browsing and YouTube and Netflix platform.  It appears to be a laptop board enclosed in a box, with a laptop style power supply, but no battery.  It came with a keyboard, but no mouse or monitor.

   It has Windows installed on it.  The only problem I have had installing Linux (Fedora_24) is getting the Windows to dual boot.  I have not figured this out yet.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson at eol.ca
jhowardgibson at gmail.com