[GTALUG] Keeping it alive: Nexus 7 (2012) running lineageOS 14.1

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 13:08:03 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-14 10:45 PM, Scott Sullivan via talk wrote:
> At Hacklab.to's recent Junk Day, I managed to acquire the older model of
> the Nexus 7 (2012 WIFI, aka grouper).

Dang! I'm impressed! That's definitely worth knowing about, as the
tablet was utterly unusable. Thank you for documenting this!

I may do this to my Nexus 4, and eventually the One+. I just wish there
way of rooting some of this older Android hardware back to a stock Linux
rather than an Android flavour and its locked-in UI.

> https://twrp.me/devices/asusnexus72012wifi.html

Hmm, I know that TW stands for "Team Win", but is that a sly reference
to the Canadian band TWRP? If you like electrofunk played by immensely
talented musicians cosplaying from their own dimension¹, you'd love TWRP!

cheers,
 Stewart

¹: I mean, who doesn't? https://twrp.bandcamp.com/track/pale-blue-dot