[GTALUG] Hardware Hack - help needed

Giles Orr gilesorr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 09:10:34 EDT 2017

I have a deceased Thinkpad 340CSE.  I'd like to use it as a shell for
a Raspberry Pi (the case has a lot of space).  The original keyboard
is a thing of beauty by modern laptop standards, with several
millimetres of movement and a good feel - so I'd like to use it if at
all possible.  Unfortunately, a lot of searching has sent me
repeatedly to a page on how to convert a T60 keyboard to USB -
different keyboard, different connector(s).  There's a full
explanation with photos here:

https://www.gilesorr.com/blog/thinkpad-retrofit-1.html

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know on or off list.
If you think I need to add more information to the web page, same
thing: let me know.  If you know someone who might be able to help,
please forward this to them.  Thanks!

--
Giles
https://www.gilesorr.com/