[GTALUG] Fw: surprise!

Mauro Souza thoriumbr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 20:11:14 EDT 2017

Not probable.  There's a few remote exploits for wget, but none would
affect me, AFAIK. My /tmp is mounted with nodev noexec nosuid, and I create
a directory for every "client".

I usually download sites pretending to be my bank, or credit card, or some
other entity I am not related to, and they usually ask me for login
credentials, credit card information or to download and execute something.
They are targeting clueless Windows' users, not savvy Linux users hunting
malware sites.

Next time I will use telnet to the server from inside a chroot in a Docker
container,  running on a virtual machine on a diskless computer booting
from DVD, connected to the Starbucks WiFi. Just to be safe.