[GTALUG] curious... Linux vs BSD ?

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:11:36 EDT 2016

<snip systemd automation heuristics>

> I wonder if that is because most of the code writers are not really human
> communicators rather they are far better machine communicators?
> What say you?

We have to understand Linux userland is enormous now. The learning curve
for network operator's, is larger than those who develop systems, ability
to communicate the manner in which systems are changing, across the board,
so to speak.

Imagine this planets surface is the planar board and all the Ethernet
connections are tracings and you can see the scope of the scale of current
development.

Systemd and systemctl are efforts aimed at large scale networking and
enterprise. Just as SElinux is aimed at large scale security in enterprise.

This environment is often referred to as an ecosystem, it's truly only a
mechosystem, engineered by the weakest link, the meatware.

> Dee

Russell
Sent from mobile.