[GTALUG] curious... Linux vs BSD ?

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Thu Sep 29 11:00:54 EDT 2016

William Park via talk wrote:
> To those who knows/uses both BSD and Linux...  Should I learn BSD, and
> which one?

If you read to HackNews we are currently in the systemd apocalypse and
Linux's user base is shrinking every day and good ethical people are
moving to BSD to the warm embrace of init.

Without sarcasm, learning another system is always a good idea because
it gives you more insight on how others work. As an example I would have
never been able to understand how Google's open source Python code
worked without some knowledge of Java.

--
Have an awesome day, and happy open-sourcing :-).