[GTALUG] PyCon Canada 2016

Myles Braithwaite me at mylesbraithwaite.com
Mon Sep 19 16:21:45 EDT 2016

tl;dr today is the last day for early bird tickets for PyCon Canada 2016

<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pycon-canada-2016-tickets-27545680873>

PyCon Canada is a community run Python (the programming language not
the snake) conference being held in Toronto on November 14 to 15th
(with Hackathons/Sprints from 16 to 17). I have been going for the
last four years and it's amazing, so much so that I help organise this
year's and last year's conference.

Here are a couple of the talks I really enjoyed last year:

François Maillet's talk on Hacking his Living Room for an Epic NHL
Goal Celebration with Hue Lights:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ayacv1SWx8>

Mike Fletcher's talk on Embracing the Singularity:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s85jIUaVfeo>

Jake Sethi-Reiner's talk on learning to code Python at ten years old:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtFhap5U3I>