[GTALUG] Permission Issue Ubuntu 16.04

Nigel Auger subs1 at augermax.com
Sun Sep 11 11:59:31 EDT 2016

This suggestion is a bit of a stab in the dark based on a hunch but make
sure your user exists as a samba user. Try the following:

sudo smbpasswd -a userid

Then enter your user password when prompted. Obviously you can skip the
"sudo" if you are logged in as root or using a distro that doesn't use sudo
(PCLinuxOS).