[GTALUG] Permission Issue Ubuntu 16.04

Stephen stephen-d at rogers.com
Sat Sep 10 20:46:02 EDT 2016

**Apologies I had screenshot attachments on the first try. Message too
big.**

I have rebuilt my computer and installed 16.04. Was 14.04.

There has been a change in permission behaviour.

I have a Windows 10 computer that I use for my photography and
Photoshop. I copy and paste folders over the network to my Linux machine
for backup and using on my web sites.

I did this today and the folders and files were all created with all
permissions set to "nobody".

They are created in a folder my user owns. The Windows username is the
same as my Ubuntu username.

In the past the copied folders and folders received my user ownership.

I want to return to this behaviour.

Reviewing documentation I see "big" solutions. Create users to my group.
Test if this will work. Fingers crossed. Did not have to do this before.

Can someone help with an easier solution?

Thank you.

--
Stephen