[GTALUG] Routing and/or Proxying

ted leslie ted.leslie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:32:20 EDT 2016

If you and the other end have full IPv6 access, then you can get a nice
IPv6 block and the firewall can accept that block. As long as the block is
yours only,
and your not worried about someone being able to spoof at or close to your
dest. point, this would solve it with out addition of extra layer of
openVpn,
or ipsec issues with openSwan and "maybe" compatible routers (10-18 years
ago this drove me nuts, but maybe its better now). You could also buy a
movable ipv4 class,
but if you were coming from a few POP's best to get a few ipv6 classes,
give them to peer point FW, and have them config it once and be done with
it. But if you
set up at an additional pop, then your waiting for another admin FW request
to occur on their time frame. In this later case, openSwan is probably only
easy solution,
provided peering FW is dead on reliable  with openSwan road warrior
configs, say with 509 certs, etc.

-tl