[GTALUG] thinkpad repair; or, new laptop

Michael Hill mdhillca at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:01:50 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:52 PM, Matt Price via talk <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

My THinkpad T440s is having some serious issues with suspend -- at times it
> will enter a hard freeze while suspended, requiring a hard reset with the
> manual reset button; at times it won't suspend at all, but enter a
> similarly unresponsive, blank-screen state from which it cannot be
> accessesd, requiring a soft reset with the power button; and at other times
> it will suspend just fine.

I'm running Fedora Rawhide on my aging ThinkPad SL410. For a few days last
week I had the same experience with suspend. After a kernel upgrade (from
one 4.8.0 release candidate to another), suspend started working again.

Mike