[GTALUG] Python and/or Video help please

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:05:03 EDT 2016

On Oct 30, 2016 10:20 PM, "Stephen via talk" <talk at gtalug.org> wrote:

> A month ago I had problems, after an Ubuntu upgrade, getting my screen
resolution above 1024x768.

> In this forum I was given a link to the script below to fix the problem
and it did! Joy.

> Now I tried to run a video and the screen went back to unknown and set to
1024x768 :(

> I ran the script again, and I get the following result:
>
> stephen at avalon:~/scripts$ ./get-edid.py VGA-1
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./get-edid.py", line 65, in <module>

Ok. Don't worry about the Python script.

Does xrandr see the resolutions you want to use? Which output are you
using? Which video player, perhaps that has changed the fb settings?

For now post this output.
xrandr --verbose

Among other things it provides the current edid data, which is what the
script worked with.

<snip helper script>

Russell
Sent from mobile.